Men's road bike premium shorts, trousers and tights
High Quality Road Bike Clothing is substantial for performance oriented cyclists. Cycling jersey and road bike trousers should support the athlete’s body on very long and demanding distances in the best possible way and should restrict or bother as little as possible. The cyclist should be able to concentrate solely on the course, their own performance and fellow cyclists. In this context the road bike trousers play a significant role as they support the muscles used most and protect the sensitive seat area.
The Road Bike Trousers for Professionals – what makes a Difference
When fractions of seconds count, maximum performance and endurance are demanded, that is when the difference between cycling trousers for training and leisure time or Cycling Trousers for Professionals shows:
- The Fit: The cycling trousers are tailored exactly for the Race position which is deeply bent over. Only when you bend down low do these trousers provide perfect comfort and perfect performance. They feature a tight fit and optimally adapt to the body and its movements.
- The Seams: The more high quality the road bike trousers the smaller the number of seams! Because a seam – even if it is a good flatlock seam – always causes friction and skin irritations. This is why you will often find lasercut hems and grippers at legs, straps or torso.
- The Material: A high degree of elasticity in the Lycra material is essential. Because this is how the cycling trousers achieve a performance enhancing muscle compression. And in addition, the material of road bike trousers is rather lightweight to save weight and to protect you from overheating. This is why a manufacturer is always convinced of their specific fabric or its treatment. Some Castelli Road Bike Trousers for example feature aerodynamically textured fabrics which improve air resistance. Of course, Lycras are all highly breathable and moisture regulating.
- The Bib: Bibs are minimalistic and efficient. Road bike trousers are kept in place without the straps cutting into the shoulders or too much fabric causing the body to overheat.
- The Chamois: In road bike trousers the pad is the crucial feature. The best cut or the best material will not serve you well if the chamois is of poor quality. Pro chamois are conceivedfor long distances. Foam materials with different densities, with or without gel insert, with ergonomic structure optimally absorb shocks and damp vibrations. The foam materials and surfaces are breathable and bacteriostatic. The chamois itself is bi-elastic or integrated into the trousers in a way that allows it to follow the pedalling movement. In Assos Road Bike trousers the chamois is attached to the trousers at a few points only. This means it moves with the body independent of the fabric of the trousers.
- The Leg Grippers: In road bike trousers grippers play a special role. The elastic and mainly wide grippers not only prevent the legs from sliding up your legs but they also offer additional compression for your muscles.
Professional Road Bike Trousers for Men and Women offer high-tech features and often can be recognised as high-tech trousers due to their price.
Professional Road Bike Trousers for Men and Women at Bobshop
Providing outfits for ambitious cyclists has always been the core business of Bobshop. Accordingly, our Range of Road Bike Clothing is huge. At Bobshop you will find numerous brands which exactly meet the demands on high quality road bike trousers for men and women. Here a small selection only:
- Assos: Assos namely has become a synonym of excellent women’s and men’s road bike trousers. Assos Road Bike Trousers are a combination of comfort and best performance support. The patented Assos “floating“ chamois construction is unique and simply ideal for long distances.
- Castelli: The brand with the scorpion stands for passion for cycling par excellence. Always innovative and creative, the development of Castelli Road Bike Trousers for men and women for all demands, weather conditions, for winter / summer and for all cycling disciplines is one of their major concerns. But road bike clothing by Castelli is not only compelling due to its sophisticated technology but also because of a unique and exceptionally good style.
- Nalini: The Italian producer of cycling clothing is renowned and appreciated among professional cyclists because for several years Nalini has supplied the equipment to famous pro teams. And of course the cooperation with the teams, implementing their wishes, has an effect on the development Nalini’s own collection. Nalini Road Bike Trousers for men and women are characterised by their high quality finish with a loving attention to detail. A key feature of Nalini road bike clothing is its sporty, attractive prints.
- Mavic: The French passion for cycling sports is reflected in their road bike clothing. In the Mavic collection demanding female and male cyclists will find road bike trousers which are conceived for maximum performance. Mavic Road Bike Trousers are compelling due to their high grade professional chamois. The smooth, low friction surface offers many carefree hours on bike.
At Bobshop you will find high quality road bike trousers - tights, shorts or ¾ length.
Long Road Bike Trousers – Indispensible for Winter Training
A long lasting good performance can only be maintained with year-round cycling training. When the season for competitions ends shorts have to be replaced with Cycling Tights. In cycling tights it is not the support of muscles that is at the focus but the thermal regulation and protection from wind and weather. Warming Lycra with a soft fine fleece interior serves as main material. It is breathable and quickly wicks moisture away.
In the front area a Softshell panel can stop the cold headwind. Many cycling tights feature a water resistant and dirt repellent surface treatment. The pad of high grade cycling tights is the same as in Cycling Shorts. Thermal road bike trousers are conceived for long rides, no matter whether they feature gel-pads or dense foam materials.
Bobshop has defined the temperature range of cycling tights with ice crystals from 1 to 3+. This way you will be able to find the suitable cycling tights for every possible temperature range.