Röckl Cycling Gloves: Specialised for Cycling Sports
Leather gloves by Roeckl simply are something special: For more than 170 years the medium-sized company has dedicated itself to manufacturing gloves for cycling sports, equestrian sports, ski sports and other outdoor activities. But especially cycling gloves for bicycle sports are very popular.
Röckl Sports with their cycling gloves, road bike gloves, downhill gloves as well as MTB gloves are appreciated especially for their consistently high quality and ideal comfort, no matter whether for summer trips or winter tours. And also for city or e-bike gloves you will always find a suitable product in one of Roeckl’s lines. Personal tip: at our shop you can purchase Roeckl Bike Gloves at a convenient price in our sale!
At the Bobshop online shop you will find summer and winter cycling gloves by Roeckl in all sizes for men, women and kids, and also unisex. All have gone through a number of tests to ensure they meet both Roeckl and Bobshop quality standards. Some cycling gloves have also been awarded as test winners – in our article descriptions we inform you about such details.
Specific Features by Roeckl
Roeckl gloves & accessories have come up with several innovations. In the area of cycling gloves e.g. the patented Pull-off aid. The exclusive Comfort-Innovation padding of the crook of thumb offers additional comfort, and the Ergonomic Cut design snugs your hand and stays firmly in place.
Specifically important for cycling sports are tactility, grip and padding of gloves. The padding not only protects your hands in case of a fall, but also from fatigue from sometimes continuous vibrations when riding in offroad terrain.
But if the padding is too thick you will lose grip on your handlebar and hence precision but above all fun while riding will be compromised. Roeckl Sports here has different innovations to offer:
- Roeck-Grip: A fine synthetic material with grip which is exclusively found in the palm area of Röckl gloves. There Roeck Grip provides a good grip, breathability and snugs your hands.
- Technogel: The gel technology by Roeckl has very good damping characteristics, reduces hand fatigue and enhances comfort.
- XRD-Technology: The very thin and breathable Poron XRD padding offers highest damping effect in case of impacts and vibrations and at the same time is very durable.
- Rail-Finger Cut: With this cut gloves feature slightly curved preshaped fingers. This facilitates the grip on your handlebar which is a real relief on long rides!
Another feature worth mentioning is the new Roeckl Bi-Fusion padding which rightfully won the Reddot Design Award in 2021. In the Bi Fusion padding a gel-based padding layer is combined with a foam-based padding layer.
The result is remarkable: The high damping effect in combination with the high flexibility and grip on your handlebar would really be good enough in themselves. But together with the low weight and high comfort the Bi-Fusion padding turns into an absolute favourite!
And talking about impressive specifics:
Roeckl Gloves for Summer, Winter and any Weather
Especially as summer gloves the Roeckl Solar gloves are ideal: Here the back hand is made from Tan Thru material which lets sun rays penetrate evenly and thus guarantees an evenly tanned back of your hand – also with half finger gloves!
As temperatures are often hot in summer and this makes wearing gloves, even more so full finger gloves, more uncomfortable, Roeckl apart from good ventilation also counts on Coldblack: An additional feature for materials which prevents especially dark materials from heating up with sun radiation. Coldblack at the same time protects you from UV radiation. Of course you will find UV protection in other Roeckl summer gloves as well.
In Roeckl winter cycling gloves, for example you can find Polartec: Polartec is a quickly drying, soft and above all warming non-woven material – making it ideal for cold winter days. But Roeckl Sports also uses other high quality materials for producing the best winter cycling gloves. PrimaLoft insulation material is one of the solutions which keep cycling athletes warm in winter, exactly like Gore Active.
By the way: The Gore-Tex Infinium Windstopper gloves are not only suitable for winter but especially for unpredictable weather conditions in spring or autumn as well. The full finger gloves offer a good combination of breathability and warmth while keeping out undesired water and wind.
Apart from that, Roeckl cycling gloves often feature reflective design elements which enhance the cyclist’s visibility in low-light conditions or at night and thus provide additional safety.
Recycled for the sake of the Environment: The Eco-Line
Environmental awareness is not new to Roeckl. But new innovations enable the brand manufacturer to combine state-of-the-art functionality and recycling, renewable materials and efficient use of resources.
- BioCore: An environmentally friendly padding which is made from 45% plant-based material which offers high performance and tactility. At the same time it is very lightweight and breathable. The proud owner can enjoy full performance and comfort of this damping material over a long time as it is, in addition, highly robust and durable – and due to its longevity it again contributes to saving the environment.
- Ecosense: This excellent faux leather consists of a high ratio of recycled Polyester. You do not notice that when it comes to functionality: The material is soft, has a good grip and is durable. Ideal for the palm area and the wipe thumb panel.
- Econyl: This material is made from 100% recycled Nylon. Fishing nets and other debris no longer contaminate the Ocean but are regenerated and re-used – and the material does not stand behind non-recycled material in terms of high quality and shape. Especially in the back hand area of their gloves Roeckl often use this recycled yarn.
Roeckl Sports always use eco-friendly processes along the entire production: The plant-based materials are grown carefully and are controlled by "The Nature Conservancy" (TNC), an independent aid agency. No additional deforestation was necessary for growing the materials.
But eco-friendliness is not restricted to full and half finger gloves from the Eco-Line: Recycled materials are integrated into 34% of summer cycling gloves with rising tendency. And also in terms of packaging and logistics Roeckl are always aiming at shipping as little and as emission-saving as possible.
How to care for your Röckl Gloves?
All gloves by Roeckl Sports, no matter what line they are from, can easily be machine washed at 30° Celsius. Please prevent aggressive detergents, too high temperatures and do not tumble dry. A dryer can damage the high quality material of the gloves reducing both functionality and outer appearance.