Mountainbike Shorts - Comfortable and Robust for any Trail
No matter what you like, riding through the gentle hills or the mountains, whenever the path is far from any asphalt, when you ride through the shrubbery or over stones your equipment certainly should include reliable mountainbike shorts. Apart from the features already mentioned you can tell performance oriented mountainbike shorts from bike shorts by the following convenient features:
- Numerous pockets, slot pockets but also zipped pockets, offer storage capacity in addition to your backpack on long rides.
- Zippable ventilation eyelets in front, often lined with mesh or in combination with a pocket as double functionality, allow for a cool current of air on sweat-inducing rides.
- The integrated liner shorts in mountainbike shorts feature a special MTB chamois which is adapted to the more upright seated posture and has a highly shock absorbing effect.
- In the back and groin area you will often find stretch panels which provide optimum freedom of movement.
- The width of the legs in mountainbike shorts is wider so body armour will fit underneath if needed.
- Knickers have preshaped knee constructions so they reliably protect your knees from scratches and abrasions.
Popular brands for mountainbike shorts are Vaude, Maloja, Endura and Scott. Maloja and Vaude bike shorts are especially appealing to young lovers of nature and those who have remained young. They link MTB sports with a casual way of living close to nature. Maloja bike shorts usually do not include liner shorts as they are also suitable for other outdoor activities. At Bobshop you can find padded liner shorts for mountainbike shorts in our underwear brand sections.
Scott bike shorts are very popular among Scott cyclists. On the one hand they perfectly match the entire collection design and on the other hand these bike shorts are ideal for performance-oriented mountain bikers due to their highly technical features. Scott bike trousers are available with different leg lengths and for different MTB disciplines.