Cycling onsies – advantages and drawbacks
A women’s cycling bodysuit as well as a cycling body suit for men both feature a very close and sporty cut. So they very well meet the demands of athletic cyclists who do not like their cycling clothing to flutter, rustle or slip and thus disturb either the wind flow or the cyclist’s concentration.
„Not slipping“, apart from aerodynamics, is another crucial advantage of a Race Onesie. Everything stays in place, no jersey slips up to the waistline.
And for those cyclists focused on aesthetics - and there are a whole lot of them – of course the looks as such are a plus a race onesie offers.
A drawback of race bodysuits is they are more difficult to put on and take off. Castelli, in its vanguard position, came up with the “Sanremo“ cut. Here the top portion of the cycling bodysuit is not attached to the trousers in the abdominal area and opens just like a jersey. The back and sides are attached and snug the body tightly in the cycling position. This brilliant and yet actually simple invention has made the demand for cycling onesies rocket.
In addition, road bike suits for men and women are not very well equipped with pockets, which would in fact contradict the aspect of aerodynamics.
So road bike onesies are rather worn for short, yet performance oriented trainings.
What types of onsies are there for road biking?
Meanwhile there are a number of cycling bodysuits depending on the season or the type of cycling sports they are intended for:
- The classic road bike suit for time trials: it is super tight and adapted to a seated posture, bent down very low. Very smooth or aerodynamic structures are placed strategically. The race bodysuit for professionals!
- The training cycling bodysuit: it features a more comfortable cut and also fits when in an upright posture. For quick cycling training in the evening or simply for the cool race look.
- The summer cycling bodysuit for women: as top portion we find an airy tank top with a perfect fit. It is lightweight and allows a lot of fresh air and sun to reach the skin. This road bike onesie for women is ideal whenever any additional piece of fabric would be too much.
- The winter cycling bodysuit: a good combination of cycling trousers and windproof light jacket. A very good training outfit for the cold season.
- The Cyclocross road bike onesie: short legs, long sleeves and manufactured from warm Winterlycra with water resistant surface treatment. Very special bicycle onesie for an off road cross course.
Apart from that cycling onesies for women and cycling onesies for men are available where the top portion replaces a base layer. The advantage here is also less bulk and improved comfort by omitting of any type of straps. At Bobshop we simply call these cycling onesies for women and men “tights all-in-one“.
The cycling bodysuit for men and women is fast, beautiful and functional. Bobshop has all of these types of onesies for road biking available. Perhaps you will also find a suitable one?