Cycling Tights – the Allrounder in Nasty Weather and Cold Temperatures
Even though in winter you may train less than in summer the expectation from Cycling Tights are higher than from cycling shorts. The long versions have to keep you warm without overheating, have to protect you from cold wind and water and to be comfortable and stretchy.
So there are cycling tights in the following variants:
- Warm and highly breathable made from elastic Winterlycra
- Warm, breathable and water resistant with DWR (durable water repellent) treatment on top of the Winterlycra
- Warm and with wind shield (mostly Softshell) in headwind area, back made from breathable and warm Lycra
- Thermal cycling trousers made completely from windproof, water resistant and warm Softshell for ice-cold and damp weather conditions
- Winterlycra cycling trousers without pad which are worn on top of padded cycling shorts or liner shorts
- Waterproof rain overtrousers, of course without pad
Without wind shield cycling trousers are more breathable and stretchy. Softshell restricts these characteristics. So when choosing you need to know what kind of weather you will be mainly using your trousers in. Cyclists who ride a lot have suitable cycling trousers for all kinds of weather conditions. For cyclocrossers there are cycling shorts made from warm, water resistant Winterlycra because for a fast course they offer a better support without you getting cold.
Vaude Cycling Trousers offer a large variety of products for road cyclists and mountainbikers: Waterproof overtrousers with different leg lengths, unusual, quilted winter shorts and cycling trousers with Softshell front.
Cycling tights with or without pad can be found at Bobshop in both variants for men and women.