Northwave - The brand professional athletes trust!
In 1993 the Italian company Northwave, originally focused on skiing sports, launches its first MTB cycling shoes on the market thus initiating the beginning of a sparkling success story as a provider of cycling sports equipment. Northwave cycling shoes are extremely popular among top-of-the-range cycling professionals of all disciplines. Northwave cycling shoes have frequently been on the winner’s podium of Olympic Games, the Giro d’ Italia, several stages of the Tour de France and many legendary MTB competitions. Apart from cycling shoes the traditional company Northwave also produces attractive high tech cycling clothing. The "bony" skeleton design created in 2006 has maintained iconic status in the mountainbike world up to the present.
Northwave Cycling Clothing – Technical Know-How with a Stylish Temper
Bobshop has offered Northwave cycling clothing and cycling shoes for many years because Northwave is compelling due to its adaptability and persistent hunger for improvement. The knowledge in wind and weather gained in skiing sports is cleverly applied to Northwave cycling clothing as well. No matter whether it is bone-chilling cold or flickering hot, Northwave cycling clothing will keep you perfectly prepared.
Cycling clothing by Northwave serves high standards and offers solutions for all areas of use and all possible demands. Northwave cycling clothing is compelling due to:
- innovative textiles which offer excellent comfort, moisture management and freedom of movement
- Biomap fit which adapts perfectly to the anatomy of the seated posture
- Exceptional and striking print designs
- attractive design lines for many articles – this way you can choose your outfit matching from head to toe
- an absolutely compelling value for money ratio
Northwave women’s cycling clothing addresses active and young cyclists and those who have remained young. Lively coloured prints are found here as well as straightforward, technical features. In this same way clean styles with colourful prints are found in the Northwave men’s cycling clothing as well. Northwave cycling clothing is available both as summer and as winter version – from socks all the way up to cycling hats.
Apart from Northwave cycling clothing cyclists also very much appreciated Northwave cycling shoes for road biking, MTB and triathlon.
Northwave Cycling Shoes – Performance meets Comfort
The art of constructing good cycling shoes is always a balancing act between power transfer and comfort. Cycling shoes by Northwave are manufactured on lasts which are in harmony with many foot shapes and widths. Hardly any other shoe manufacturer has understood like Northwave how to create a cycling shoe collection around this last which will serve all, cycling professionals, newcomers and leisure-time cyclists alike. Northwave cycling shoes are available with a wide range of features:
- Starting with a composite sole with fiberglass and carbon featuring mid-range stiffness up to an extremely stiff full carbon sole for optimal power transfer or a soft all mountain sole for a comfortable bike ‘n’ walk feel.
- The upper shoe constructions in Northwave cycling shoes are generally ergonomic and very comfortable. The high quality Biomap Unibody upper shoes are compelling due to their soft material which snugs your foot like a second skin with their nearly seamless design. The foot is firmly held without creating pressure points.
- A specifically patented dial closure system has been used in Northwave cycling shoes for quite a while. In addition, there are shoes with classic Velcro closure, stepwise adjustable ratchet or a combination of all.
Northwave road bike shoes and MTB shoes are very similar in their upper shoe and sole constructions. The major difference is simply in the outsole which features more or less tread.
The comfortable shoes for tours or freeride offer a good balance between power transfer and off bike comfort. The outsole usually is made from natural rubber treads which offer a good grip in rough terrain.
Northwave triathlon shoes can very well be worn barefooted and are easy to put on and take off.
Ambitious cyclists who do not want to go without their outdoor training in the cold and wet winter months appreciate winter shoes by Northwave. The ankle high shoes all feature waterproof Gore-Tex membranes and warm lining. Neoprene edges at the ankles prevent water from penetrating.
Since Northwave, as mentioned above, likes to develop design lines the colours of Northwave cycling trousers and Northwave cycling jerseys are, of course, also used in their shoes. This presents an additional feature for fashion-conscious cyclists.
Biomap – the Secret of Northwave Cycling Trousers
Biomap is what Northwave calls a fit which is exactly adapted to the body in a seated position and moving characteristically. Of course the elasticity of the material also plays a crucial role in this context. In cycling trousers by Northwave the producer takes the Biomap concept to the top. The classic Northwave cycling trousers simply fit perfectly. And the specifically developed smooth chamois which feature either gel or simply foam pads very well adapt to the anatomy of the person wearing them and provide pain-free cycling tours.
Northwave offers a variety of cycling trousers:
- Bib Shorts
- Cycling Shorts
- Women’s Skorts, a combination of cycling shorts and skirt
- Bib Shorts made from warm Winterlycra for the time between the seasons or for cyclocross
- Bib Tights made from warm Winterlycra
- Bib Tights with windproof and water resistant softshell front
- Bib Tights with water resistant Acquazero treatment
Northwave cycling tights present an ideal companion for training in the cold season. The very good technical features and the reasonable price make these tights top sellers at Bobshop.
With Northwave cycling clothing and Northwave cycling shoes cyclists get a very good and beautiful outfit with technical features at a reasonable price.