Triathlon apparel and equipment for men and women
First you swim, then you cycle and at the very end you run – this is the sequence of challenges that more and more athletes are attracted by. Triathlon is inspiring and it can become a real addiction. This struggle against the course, against time and against your own body is one of the toughest sports disciplines ever. Triathletes therefore require special Triathlon Clothing and, of course, the suitable equipment – in our Triathlon Shop you will find both!
Clothing and Equipment in our Triathlon Shop
Triathlon is all about endurance! Only those who feel really comfortable in their triathlon clothing will be able to fully concentrate on their performance. This is why gender, anatomy and personal preferences are of special importance when choosing the suitable clothing. Triathlon competitions mostly take place in summer or in warm countries. Thanks to the large variety of triathlon products in our Triathlon Shop you are guaranteed to find suitable clothing and accessories!
The swim stage is the initial stage of the competition. Here it is important for clothing to snug your body and to remain in shape when you dive into the water. For keeping your body warm after the swimming part quickly drying fabrics are essential. A hydrophobic coating creates a low friction resistance inside the water which, above all, is crucial in competitions to save valuable time. As soon as this first obstacle has been overcome cycling comes next. Road biking and running is extremely demanding for your legs which is why a material with compression effect is of advantage as it will support your muscles and enhance the blood supply within your body. Especially during the last discipline, running, high-grade shoes are absolutely essential.
When training usually the different disciplines are practised separately. At competitions the transition zones also create a great challenge. Here every second counts!
In our Triathlon Shop you will wind a large variety of functional Triathlon Bodysuits for Women and Triathlon Bodysuits for Men, as well as Triathlon Tank Tops and Triathlon Trousers. The equipment for triathletes you can find in our Triathlon Shop is suitable for all three disciplines.
Choosing the right Triathlon Clothing
Triathlon Bodysuits and two-piece suits, consisting of tank top and shorts, will take you through all three disciplines right to the finish line. Some requirements need to be met, though. Triathlon clothing should provide a high degree of freedom of movement despite their tight fit, this way the triathlete will be able to unfold their full potential, in the water as well as on land. Usually this clothing is made from a breathable and moisture repellent Polyamide-Elastane mesh fabric which optimally snugs your body. The armholes are extra wide so they do not restrict while swimming. The tops often feature a short cut and merely reach the waistband of the trousers. Women often like to simply wear a bustier. Triathlon shorts feature an elastic waistband and are slightly padded or have a lightweight fleece pad only. Trisuits stay in place more reliably than a trousers-and-top combination. In our Triathlon Shop you will find trisuits for your training featuring long front zips for easy on/off comfort - for competitions only rear zips are allowed. When training in cold water athletes like to adhere to waterproof and warm Neoprene suits.
Depending on the need and price category triathlon clothing can have the following Features and Characteristics:
Get yourself the Suitable Triathlon Equipment
- A hydrophobic coating for a low friction resistance in the water
- Compression effect for muscle support
- A front camlock zip or a rear zip with cord for competitions
- Pockets for energy bars and gels
- Ergonomic flatlock seams and soft, lasercut rims for reduced friction
- Mesh panels for optimal body climate regulation
- Reflective elements
- Integrated UV protection
- A snaplock construction, with which tri top and tri shorts are connected to each other so the clothing stays in place while swimming and cycling
- A triathlon chamois which dries quickly and is hardly perceived while running
When participating in a triathlon competition apart from the corresponding endurance your professional triathlon equipment, suitable triathlon clothing and Triathlon Equipment are crucial:
- Indispensable for swimming: high-grade, tinted goggles for a clear vision in the water.
- A swimming cap reduces the friction resistance in the water.
- On bike lightweight road bike shoes with click system are important. Triathlon Cycling Shoes are similar to road bike shoes, simply the upper material and the lacing is different. The lightweight upper material is especially breathable and quickly drying while the lacing system usually consists of two plain and easy-to-close Velcro straps. The interior of Triathlon Shoes features a soft lining so you can very well wear them barefooted. As far as the sole is concerned it is up to you to choose from Nylon up to full carbon. Anything is available here.
- Concerning the Triathlon Helmet you can either use your conventional road bike helmet or opt for a super-fast, aerodynamic time trial helmet. Low air drag, low weight and of course the necessary safety are the decisive factors.
- You can use your Sports Eyewearfor cycling and the last discipline, running. For running straps have proven to be convenient.
- A Visor with peak prevents the glare effect by sun radiation.
A great selection of Triathlon Equipment by great brands such as Scott and Zoot is waiting for you in our Triathlon Shop. Click Compression Clothing and you will find clothing which offers best muscle support and facilitates regeneration. We have compiled matching tops and shorts as Sets at a convenient price for you – this way you will be perfectly well styled and in addition you save money!